30 July, 2009

Patio and Flower Beds

After all the black dirt was distributed, the guys loaded the bobcat back onto it's trailer and drove it away, taking the excitement with it. You can see the tired shovels below, leaning against the wall.




I took a day off from work today to go buy plants and get started on the planting. I went with herbaceous perennials. Below is a about 1/4 of what I got set out today. Lungwort is a new plant for me. I planted 2 different kinds. Then I got dark pink and white astilbe, which I have always liked. I can't remember the name of the other plants that you can see at the extreme right of the photo, but they have a lovely little purple-ish flower that is quite orchid-like. I still have a lot of work to do, but it will wait for the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. A lot of work to do now, but you've made a good start. I bet it will be stunning when it's all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent start to the new bed Wilma. Can't wait to see what else you are planting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are enjoying it already. Had drinks on the patio last evening after work and sat admiring the work so far ...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Readers -- your comments are invited. I would love to hear from you.