16 October, 2016

Dawn Rainbows

I know, I know -you're thinking "Not more rainbow and sunrise photos!"  But I think these are really special.  I glimpsed this most magnificent rainbow through the bathroom window while groggily brushing my teeth.  Grabbed the camera and ran up to the sunset balcony to try to get some shots. Then turned around and saw the sun newly risen above the sea and peeking through the rain clouds. The show was over in less than 3 minutes.
Never seen pink rain falling from a rainbow before.
Golden sunrise.
These shots are not enhanced - just cropped a little and darkened a bit to compensate for over-exposure.  I was still half-asleep and didn't even have my glasses on yet; yea for autofocus!

8 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine ever getting tired of seeing beautiful views like those you show us! The pink rain in the rainbow's arc is spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing its beauty with us.

    (I also like the looks of that groove billed bird in the previous post. Yes...a very snappy fellow with a distinguished profile.) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - good to know that you aren't tired of the views (yet!). I'm not either, even after living here for nearly 4 years.

      I read a little more about the Groove-billed Ani and learned that up to 6 pairs will nest communally and share responsibility for tending eggs and young. Would love to have them nesting nearby. I'll have to keep an eye out.

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to more beautiful views and portraits of Ani birds. Many thanks!

      Delete
  2. You've given me wonderfully tranquil sights to start my week with. Thank you, Wilma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help, Robyn. :-) May your entire week be tranquil; or as tranquil as you want it! Cheers.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely rainbow photo. Not the easiest of subjects for a camera to handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what a rainbow would look like with your IR setup? Have tried it?

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately I haven't seen a rainbow for ages.

      Delete

Blog Readers -- your comments are invited. I would love to hear from you.