19 August, 2009

Happy Two-Second Accident of Timing

A short post today that covers a total of 2 seconds of time. I was taking some pictures of Gallardia flowers in our wildflower garden. I took the standard head on, dead-center shots and decided to try a three quarter profile. This first shot (pretty nice, I thought) was with the ISO set at 800, f9, and 1/25 sec exposure time. Since this was hand-held, I planned to take a couple of shots to insure that neither I nor the flower wobbled in at a least 1 shot.
:-) I didn't even notice that JD was in the background.


According to the time stamp, this next shot was 2 seconds after the first shot. During that 2 seconds, JD walked into the center of the frame to see why I wasn't paying attention to him. He sniffed the flower, pushing it toward the right as I snapped the picture. And -- it was IN FOCUS!

This has to be the sweetest picture I have ever taken and I felt compelled to share it (i.e., inflict on the blogosphere).

8 comments:

  1. Sniffing the flowers; lovely shot Wilma.
    One of those 'perfect' moments captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wilma,
    Sometimes the 'accidental' shots are the best ones.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, Keith, and Madi -

    thanks for visiting and for the comments. I confess that I have a real soft spot in my heart for JD. I'm glad you enjoyed looking at him too.

    cheers,
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW....simply beautifully captured shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picture. You should enter it for use in a kitty calendar. Serendipity is a wonderful thing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second photo is so marvellous. It would look perfect on the front of a greeting card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. flyingstars, Shanna, and John,

    thanks for yoru comments. I'm all for serindipity ...

    cheers,
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Blog Readers -- your comments are invited. I would love to hear from you.